Posted on: 18 August 2016
If you want to be sure your home looks its best and maintains its value, you may need to have the roof replaced over time. This can be a large job for any homeowner and an expensive one as well. However, keep in mind the type of roofing material you get will ultimately dictate the cost of completing this project. By knowing some of the details about different materials used, this can be helpful to you.
One of the most common types of shingles you may notice while walking around your neighborhood may be asphalt shingles. These offer some benefits to any homeowner and may be the one you're interested in because of the advantages listed below:
1. Variety – One of the reasons you may want to select this shingle is because of the different colors you can choose.
2. Cost – This shingle type is one of the most affordable and typically costs $1-$4 per square foot.
3. Long lasting – These shingles can last up to 20 years in some cases.
If you love the look of metal on your home, you may be interested in using metal shingles for your roof. These offer a variety of advantages to any homeowner and may provide just the look you want.
Listed below are the benefits of choosing metal shingles:
1. Lightweight – This material doesn't weigh a lot, and this can actually help make the installation process much easier.
2. Fire resistant – It's possible you may get a discount on your homeowner's insurance when you use metal because it's completely resistant to fire.
3. Durable – The one thing you will want to count on is a roof that will stand the test of time, and metal shingles will do just that. Studies indicate that metal shingles can last up to 75 years.
Many homeowners enjoy the look that wooden shingles add to the property. However, this type requires more maintenance and is more susceptible to fire. The good news is these shingles are attractive and may last up to 20 years for most homes. The average price for wooden shingles is $4-$7 per square foot.
Taking the time to weigh out your options is sure to be in your best interest when looking to replace your roof. Be sure to call the best roofing company in your area to allow you to do so today!Share