Posted on: 13 September 2016
Being a homeowner comes with some responsibilities. You will want to work to keep your home in good condition, and this means maintaining it over the years. If you need to replace your roof, you will want to know the ideal materials that are available for you to use. This can help you to find the right one and getting the most benefits from it.
One of the more common types of roofing materials is asphalt shingles. These come in a variety of colors and are long lasting. In fact, studies do show that this material may last up to 20 years in some climates.
Listed below are some additional benefits of this material:
1. Simple installation – Shingles can be placed on your home easily, and this can reduce your overall costs if you hire a professional to do the job.
2. Costs – This roofing material is one of the lower costing types, and you can typically expect to pay only $1-$4 per square foot for it.
Many homeowners may love the look of a metal roof. The good news is that there are many advantages of using this material, and some of these are listed below:
1. Fire resistant – Metal won't catch on fire, and this is an additional security measure for your home. In fact, you should check with your home insurance provider to see if you can get a discount for having a metal roof.
2. Long lasting – This roofing material will stand the test of time and may last up to 75 years in some cases.
3. Eco-friendly – Metal can be recycled, and this is ideal for a better environment.
The average cost of metal roofing is $3-$7.50 per square foot, and this makes it a reasonable choice to make. Additionally, metal is easily installed because it comes in long sheets.
One of the most attractive types of roof is a tile roof. Other benefits of using this material are that it's resistant to fire and won't mold over time.
Additionally, a tile roof is durable and may last up to 75 years if it's ceramic. You can expect to pay $4.50-$9 per square foot.
The benefits of choosing the right roofing material include being content with your choice for years to come. Be sure to rely on the expertise of a professional roofing contractor, such as Select Exteriors, to get this job done.Share